It’s funny, my friends get on at me for it but they have no fucking idea about my life.
Sherlock has reminded me:
- How to laugh.
- How to cry.
- How to be a decent friend.
- How to accept defeat.
- That the people who want you in their lives will be willing to fight for you.
- That it’s okay to be different.
- That caring IS an advantage.
- That I need people as much as they need me.
- That the mind isn’t whole without a heart, and vice-versa.
- That there are still stories worth telling.
- That sometimes you just need a shock blanket. Other times you need your best friend. There’s no shame in either.
- That believing in something wholeheartedly isn’t wrong.
For whatever reason, I get flack from my friends for being really into Sherlock. Really, I couldn’t care less. These are lessons worth revisiting. Sherlock puts me in a good place. It helps me creatively, emotionally, philosophically… Tell me that’s wrong. Go on. Tell me. LOOK AT ALL THE FUCKS I GIVE.
(Source: , via theafternoonbreak)